Fundamentals of Business Development for Federal Government Contractors
Length: 1 day
Next Course: TBD
GCI has tailored this introductory survey of the Federal BD process to the needs of entrepreneurs and small-business owners who are getting started with Federal contracting. The course is also ideal for early-stage BD staff and new hires who need to understand the unique nature of the Federal bidding process. Emphasis is placed on how successful BD teams are built and managed.
You will learn:
- The differences between Federal and commercial contracting.
- How to implement a sound BD strategy and a formal company plan for BD
- Common missteps, bad assumptions and traps
- How to contact and communicate with agency decision-makers
- Current Best Practices in proposal development
Who Should Attend
Entrepreneurs seeking to enter the Government contracting arena. BD managers and staff. New account executives and sales staff.
Location and Tuition
Tower Club at Tysons Corner
8000 Towers Crescent Dr. #1700